- Year Built: 2014
- Ports of Embarkation: My Tho (Vietnam), Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (Cambodia)
- Vessel’s Registry: Cambodia
- Type of Vessel: River Expedition Vessel
- Length: 62.4 meters / 205 feet
- Beam: 11.5 meters / 38 feet
- Draft: 1.5 meters / 5 feet
- Cruising Speed: 12 knots
- Electricity: 220 volts
- Engines: 2 New Caterpillars, Tier 3 Emission compliant
- Generators: 2 New Caterpillars, encapsulated for noise reduction
- Water: Reverse osmosis and UV water treatment plant
- AC: Central air-conditioning throughout
- Laundry: Complimentary service (no dry cleaning on board)
- Internet: Complimentary satellite internet with intermittent connection
Safety On Board the Aqua Mekong: State of the art safety features include radio communications with separate battery pack, satellite phone, Carley float life rafts, flares and signals, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in each cabin, automatic defibrillator on board.
Launch Boats for Mekong River Shore Excursions: Four auxiliary aluminum launch boats equipped with two four-stroke low emission engines; constant radio communication with the main vessel. Each boat has a capacity of 10 passengers.
Aqua Mekong Crew: 40 members, including a cruise director, paramedic and 4 English-speaking guides.
Aqua Mekong Capacity: 40 passengers
Accommodations and Cabins: Passengers are accommodated in 20 Design Suites:
- First Deck: 10 Design Suites measuring 30 square meters / 322 square feet; 4 with balcony and 6 without balcony.
- Second Deck: 10 Design Suites measuring 30 square meters / 322 square feet; 4 with balcony and 6 without balcony.
- Design Suites without balconies all have river facing panoramic windows that open and a 4m (13ft) long interior sofa that converts to a single bed.
- Design Suites with balconies all have panoramic windows, sliding glass door and an exterior daybed.
- All suites are air conditioned, with en-suite bathroom.
Unique Cabin Features and Amenities: California King size bed that can be converted to twins, floor to ceiling windows facing the Mekong, large double closets, chest of drawers, password generated security box, iPod docking station, dual sink bathroom with walk-in shower and rainforest showerhead,professional hairdryer, and all-organic natural hair and bath amenities.
Interconnecting Suites: Four sets of two interconnecting suites are suitable for families, two sets on each deck. For the ultimate luxury, passengers may book interconnecting suites, with one suite configured as a private living room, the other a master bedroom, and his-and-hers baths. The result is your own private, 60 square meter (640-square-foot) apartment on the Mekong.
Bicycles: Ten bicycles are provided free of charge onboard, for passengers to explore independently on shore.
Common Living and Social Areas:
- Indoor and outdoor bars
- Indoor dining room and outdoor private dining
- Screening room with theater-style seating
- Outdoor cinema under the stars
- Library / Games room with the Mekong’s only foosball table
- Outside shaded lounge with single and double day beds
- Antique and artisanal boutique
- Lobby lounge
- Observation deck with outdoor sunbeds
- Top deck gym overlooking the river
- Infirmary with onboard medical staff
- Outdoor top deck plunge pool with private cabanas
- Two spa treatment rooms, one single and one double.