Luxury Amazon Cruise: 3 to 7 nights on the Amazon
In 2015, the Aria Amazon, which first set sail in 2011, was completely refreshed with new upgrades from bed linens to state of the art lighting. The 45 meter (147 foot) long Aria was designed by the innovative Peruvian architect Jordi Puig.
Extremely generous dining and lounging areas include an outdoor river facing Jacuzzi. Floor to ceiling windows face the Amazon River in the ship’s 16 Design Suites, each measuring 23 square meters (250 square feet). Four suites can interconnect for families. Upgrades to the spa include new decor for enhanced relaxation.
Aqua Expeditions highly experienced river pilots and the most rigorous cruise ship standards ensure smooth travel and safety on the waters of the Peruvian Amazon.
The Amazon’s itineraries:
With 7 night, 4 night and 3 night cruises on the Aria Amazon, guests travel far into the depths of the Amazon’s rainforests enjoying an intimate glimpse of her wildlife, ecosystems, local customs and marine and jungle landscapes.
Listen to the many species of Peruvian birds as they call their mates through the leafy canopy. Learn about the habitats essential to the livelihoods of the endangered Amazon river dolphins, taricaya turtles and manatee. Photograph a three toed sloth as he peers down at you while dangling from a nearby branch.
Weather in this region of the Amazon remains generally warm with some rainfall even during low water season.
In fact, despite being the “rainy” season, during the high water months, the Amazon only gets about 10% more rain than in the low water season.
So, as you choose the time of your Aqua Expeditions cruise on the Amazon River (in either season), we suggest you consider the following three key points:
- Some rain will fall in whichever season you choose. This is the Amazon Rainforest.
- You will see spectacular Amazon wildlife, birds and plant life any time of year on the Amazon.
- In either season, you will definitely see the Amazon River’s rare pink dolphins.
For more information, please refer to The best time to travel to the Amazon
High water season (November – May)
Low water season (June – Oct)
Design suite features
16 Suites – 32 Passengers
The Aqua Mekong’s differences:
- Modern, state-of-art, award-winning ship designs
- Fully refurbished interiors in June 2015
- Exclusive 1:1 crew-to-guest ratio
- Custom-designed, ergonomic, private speed boats for 8 guests
- World-renowned Consulting Chef, Pedro Miguel Schiaffino
- Kayaking, biking and fishing excursions, limited to 8 guests per guide
- Interconnecting family suites available
- On-board paramedic
All – Inclusive highlights:
- All excursions by private speed boats
- All meals while on-board
- Beverages (non-alcoholic, select premium wines, sparkling wine and national beer)
- Transfers to/from vessel when arriving or departing on recommended flights
- Pacaya Samiria National Reserve entrance fee
- Air tickets to and from Iquitos
- Guide and crew gratuities
- Boutique purchases
What our guests say?
“The Aria Amazon is an excellent small cruiser with very professional staff and wonderful guides, the cabins were spacious and well appointed, the recreation area very comfortable and the dining room very good. The food was wonderful and gave a good idea of the scope of peruvian food even including the chinese sector so important to them. The daily excursions were not to be missed and made us understand the importance of keeping the Amazon and it’s tributaries in pristine condition. To see the wildlife in it’s natural state was wonderful and the view some of the villages and their indigenous inhabitants was charming and meaningful. The guides were terrific in this respect.”
“Recently finished a 7-night trip on the Amazon on board the Aria. It was an unforgettable and fascinating experience. Truly a trip of a lifetime. The ship, the crew and the guides were outstanding. I would highly recommend this cruise to everyone with a taste for adventure.”